There are a few things I know a ton about, one is nutrition and the other is dating. It does not happen very often that something actually changes the way I perceive either subject.
A few years ago I learned about Carl Jung’s 4 relationship types and how understanding them can lead you to your soulmate. It is a challenging concept but so important to your success in relationship I beg you to not to skip this post or the ones following!
This is what I currently teach as fundamental keys to finding your soulmate:
- Must be opposites in personality intensity
- Must be equal in power and life experience
- Must recognize power shifts and be able to compensate
- Both partners must be mentally stable and able to operate independently
I learn a new secret to finding your soulmate
In the past I have never found a good framework for personality matching because we tend to fill out the vacuum of what the other person is lacking or we diminish ourselves where the other person is dominant. I have always assumed this was a self-leveling occurrence and somewhat natural. If I dated a fiery girl I became her water and if I dated a watery girl my fire prevailed. This seemed reasonable but it always bugged me because dating watery passive girls bored the hell out of me however I felt the relationship was healthier with me taking a more masculine role in the relationship. I have now come to realize that I was wrong
The myth that girls are feminine and guys are masculine.
I was a bit intoxicated when I discovered (big surprise) that girls don’t like to be called masculine. “What am I she asked,” I didn’t notice she was preparing to blast me over the answer she knew I would give; I stepped in her steaming pile of anger anyway. “You are about 80% masculine,” I said laughing. “Oh so that remaining 20% accounts for my tits and vagina?” Everyone was laughing but I realized she wanted a fight, ironically a very masculine move. After we hated each other for a few weeks we ended up in bed because after all I am very feminine which fit very well with her masculinity.
What man or woman wants to be labeled the opposite of what is between their legs?
I have always loved to date strong and assertive women. However because of my own dysfunction I kept attracting a very unhealthy version of this personality. Therefore I incorrectly associated it with the wrong match for me. When, for the first time I dated a very feminine, nurturing girl I felt bored out of my mind but because she was mentally healthy I thought this was better suited for me and I continued to date absolutely the wrong girl.
Can’t see the forest through the trees
I say constantly that the perfect guy for you is going to be very similar to your closest friend. I don’t mean the girl you work with but the best friend you have ever had. This person is your true balance and although I teach this I have ignored it because of an incorrect association with “strong” girls. Oops! The masterdater is human too!
Every week I will explore the secret that very few people know about finding your true soulmate.
This will be a challenging few posts but I think they will possibly be the most useful I have ever written. Stay tuned!!
Continued – Soulmate, the secret to finding your perfect match – Power Balance