Who do guys ask out more? 6's or 10's?
When I was a Beach life guard in Santa Barbara, California. I had 1950 beach-movie visions of girls dancing around me while I just sat there looking studly. To my surprise in 3 months I was never approached… Except by a 4 cute,, black 6 foot tall, volley ball players, “Damn… look at you in ya red suit!” then another girl said, “Mmmmm, I could go for a little cream in my coffee!” I sat the rest of the day, cursing myself for being a weeny and figuring out good comebacks. (in case it ever happened again)
It really surprised me that looks alone didn’t really do much for me. Not only that, but the super job did even less for me. (Same thing happened when I was a bartender) It seemed to me at the time that the “hotter” I was the less attention I would get. It seemed… that the average looking guys were getting all the action! Was I too hot? Too cool?
Why Guys would rather ask out 6 than a 10:
Ever heard the song? “Never make a pretty woman your wife”
1. Sexual resistance is much lower – This one I hate to admit is on the list but… Guys are pigs and they very well may choose the 6 over the 10 because the 6 has a higher probability for sex.
2. The girl next door is easy to dump –This follows on the heels of number one, if he is an 8 and she is a 6, he can bump-ugly with her and get out of it. In other words the 6 expects to be rejected by an 8, which makes it very easy for the guy to bail.
3. The girl next door is “real!” – This is a little more positive! There is something to be said for the “real girl” or at lest the perception of. Guys are bombarded by a slew of partially nude advertising images daily. After a while the perfect body/face/ass doesn’t seem so perfect or obtainable. The “real” girl feels like something tangible, and somewhat dateable. (This is not all men though, many are only fixated on the myth of perfection)
4. He assumes the girl next door is nicer – Kind of a sour grapes move. He disqualifies the pretty girl because he assumes rejection, she is a bitch, high maintenance, or just too much trouble. (and he is often right)
5. The Guy doesn’t feel worthy of the ten – probably the biggest reason.
a. He is worried he will lose her, doesn’t want to feel jealous – Defending you girl from your horny friend’s advances kinda sucks.
b. He is worried he is not the best, she’s ever had – He assumes she has been with a sexier, stronger, wealthier, more endowed… etc. He doesn’t feel like a man.
c. He is afraid he can’t handle a girl like that – He instinctually seeks out balance and if he perceives there is none, why even try?
Why this is BULLSHIT:
1. Guys are always staring at the hot ones and would love to posses/sleep with them – Hot girls have the first, most necessary ingredient, ATTENTION! And with that they can initiate a conversation with about any guy.
2. Any hot girl that knows how to use it can rule the world – Any girl with extreme confidence can get amazing results, you couple that with hotness and you might be one of Tiger’s newest mistresses. (oh, make sure your white)
3. Hot girls develop a “Bitch Shield” for a reason – Most truly hot girls have develop a bit of a shield to filter men. Why? Because they get hit on so much! Either by really confidant guys or guys too drunk or stupid to know she is out of their league.
4. Hot girls that don’t get dates are usually lying to themselves – “Look! WTF? my ugly friend is getting asked out again! What is it about me??” Translation: My ugly friend is getting attention from a guy that I wouldn’t use a bathroom after! How come she gets attention by talking to people! Why doesn’t Mr. Perfect walk up to me so I don’t have to do any work! God… it sucks being this hot. (Average guy walks up to the table…) “Dude, fuck off! I’m talking to my girlfriends!”
5. The hot girl is getting asked out but she isn’t counting – If a 6 asks a hot girl out, oddly enough he doesn’t count! This is like the high stakes gambler having a bad night and saying, “God I really suck at gambling!” The truth is that “the right guys” are not asking the hottie out and therefore she thinks the grass is greener in the 6’s yard. (It might be, more heavily watered?)
What is the truth? the truth is that if you are a 10 and have no game the 6 wins. However if you are a 10 and you know how to work it? LOOK OUT! The only reason a 10 may not do well is because she/he simply doesn’t know how to use the tools given them. What are the tools? How many freakin’ blog posts do you expect me to write!!??